Reverse Charge: Managing Purchases from Unregistered Dealers (URD) in Tally.ERP 9 Release 6
One of the scenarios in which reverse charge is applicable is inward supplies from an Unregistered Dealer
First, let us understand who is an unregistered dealer. An unregistered dealer is someone who is not registered with GST, due to lower threshold limit or any other provision under GST law that does not mandate him to register.
Under GST, a registered person is liable to pay taxes on purchases made from an unregistered dealer. This tax liability is called reverse charge and registered dealers have to pay the tax directly to the department.
A registered dealer can claim input tax against taxable supplies from an unregistered dealer. However, the registered dealer must pay the tax for the purchase before claiming input credit.
Watch our video to get answers to the questions listed below and understand how reverse charge related transactions have been simplified in Tally’s GST-ready Software.
- How to book purchase (inward supplies) from unregistered dealer
- Impact of purchase from unregistered dealer on GSTR 2
- Liability is shown in GSTR 2. How to make a voucher entry to raise it in books of accounts
- How to handle cancellation of purchase from an unregistered dealer
Handling Purchases from Unregistered dealers
Handling cancellation of purchases from unregistered dealers
Next, you will see a video blog about How to handle Advance Payments made to Unregistered Dealer.
Learn how to upgrade to Tally’s GST Software here.
Buy GST-Ready Software online by clicking here.
Are you GST ready yet?
Get ready for GST with Tally.ERP 9 Release 6
132,235 total views, 31 views today
Author: Shailesh Bhatt
Comments are closed.
Subscribe to our newsletter
- How Automation of Sales and Purchase Register Has Helped Businesses
- Ratio Analysis: How it Helps Determine A Company’s Financial Health
- Stock Summary Report & its Advantages
- How Re-order Level of Stock Helps Keep Your Company’s Financial Health Stable
- What is Physical Stock Voucher and Register and Its Benefits in Inventory Management?
- For Business Owners (32)
- For Tax Practitioners (6)
- GST: All you need to know (329)
- MSME Zone (14)
- Opinions (26)
- Uncategorized (1)