Amendment of GST Registration – Core Fields
In our previous blog, we have learnt about the core and non-core fields of GST registration. The core fields of GST registration are the following:
- Legal name of the business
- Address of the principal place of business or any additional place(s) of business
- Addition, deletion or retirement of partners or directors, Karta, Managing Committee, Board of Trustees, Chief Executive Officer or equivalent, responsible for the day to day affairs of the business
An amendment in these details requires the approval from an assessing officer.
In this blog, let us understand the process to apply for amendment of GST registration, as far as the core fields are concerned.
How to amend core fields in GST registration?
1. Login to the GST portal using your username and password.
2. Click Services> Registration > Amendment of GST Registration Core Fields
3. You will find 5 tabs – Business details, Promoters/partners, Principal place of business, additional places of business and Verification as shown below:
You can directly click the tab relating to the core field that you want to modify.
Once the details are modified, click the Verification tab to verify the application for amendment using Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)/ E-Signature or Electronic verification code (EVC).
Let us now see how to amend each of these core fields in GST registration:
Amendment of business details
To amend the business details,
a. Click the Business details tab
b. Your business details will be shown. The editable details will be shown with a black pen icon. Click the black pen icon next to the field that you want to edit as shown below:
c. Specify the new details. Select the Date of amendment using the calendar in the box. Specify the Reason for amendment.
d. Verify the details and click the Save
Amendment of promoter/partners
To amend the details of promoter/partners,
a. Click the Promoter/Partners tab
b. The details of promoter/partners entered during registration will be shown.
- To view the details of Promoter or Partners, click the View
- To edit the details of Promoter or Partners, click the Edit
- To delete the details of Promoter or Partners, click the Delete
To add details of a new promoter/partner, click the Add New button. Enter the details of the Promoter/Partner and upload the necessary document
Amendment of principal place of business
To amend the details of the principal place of business,
a. Click the Principal place of business
b. The Principal place of business details are displayed. Click the Edit button to edit the required details.
c. Provide the details required. A documentary proof of the address needs to be provided.
d. In the Reasonsfield, enter the reason for amendment.
e. Select the Date of Amendmentusing the calendar.
f. Click the SAVE
Amendment of additional places of business
To add additional places of business,
a. Click the ‘Principal place of business’ tab and ensure that ‘Have additional place of business’ is set as ‘Yes’. Save the details.
b. Click the Additional places of business
c. To add the Number of additional places field, enter the number of additional places for which information is to be added and click the ADD NEW
To edit or delete the details of additional places of business,
a. Click the Edit or Delete button next to the list of additional places of business.
b. In the Reasonsfield, enter the reason for amendment of core fields in GST Registration.
c. Select the Date of Amendmentusing the calendar.
d. Click the SAVE
Once the required core feilds in GST registration are amended, the application for amendment of core fields needs to be verified using Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)/ E-Signature or Electronic verification code (EVC).
To verify the application,
a. Click the Verification tab
b. Tick the Verification
c. In the Name of Authorized Signatorydrop-down list, select the authorized signatory.
d. In the Placefield, enter the name of the place.
e. You can proceed to digitally sign the application using Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) or E-Signature or EVC.
Once the digitally signed application for amendment of registration is filed, a message of successful submission of application will be displayed. You will receive the acknowledgement within 15 minutes on your registered e-mail address and mobile number.
Once the application of amendment of core fields in GST registration is submitted, an assessing officer will verify the details and if they are satisfactory, the amendment will be approved within 15 working days. If the details are not satisfactory or the officer requires further information, he will issue a notice to the person, to which the person has to reply within 7 working days. We have also covered this process in detail in our blog How to Amend, Cancel, or Revoke GST Registration
Hence, the process of amendment of core fields in GST registration is easy and hassle-free.
In the next blog, we will learn how to amend the non-core fields of registration.
Upcoming blog: How to amend non-core fields of registration
Are you GST ready yet?
Get ready for GST with Tally.ERP 9 Release 6
32,533 total views, 16 views today
Author: Anisha K Jose
Comments are closed.
Subscribe to our newsletter
- How Godown Summary Helps in Better Inventory Management
- Stock Query and Its Benefits For Better Inventory Management
- Payment Performance of Debtors and How It Helps Maintain Cash Flow
- Filing Annual Return GSTR-9 using Annual Computation Report in Tally.ERP 9
- Why Inventory Movement Analysis Plays a Crucial Role in Businesses?
- For Business Owners (27)
- For Tax Practitioners (6)
- GST: All you need to know (328)
- MSME Zone (14)
- Opinions (26)
- Uncategorized (1)