E-way Bill Sub-Users : How to Create and Update
In any business, there are multiple stakeholders who manage the day-to-day activities, pertaining to sales, purchases, operations etc. E-way bill is no exception. In certain cases, tax payers may need to generate the e-way bill from multiple places of businesses, or they may need to generate a huge number of e-way bills in different time shifts, or they may even need to generate a huge number of e-way bills at the same time – all of which will need extra resources to execute. Also, the question of data security and privacy is always a top concern for any business organisation, and it may be a natural ask to have some system to manage the various users who have access to the business system. This is why, the e-way bill portal has given the provision to businesses, under which they can create multiple e-way bill sub-users, assign them different roles and manage all sub-users who have access to the portal with ease. In this blog, we will explore how to create sub-users on the e-way bill portal.
How to manage e-way bill sub-users
In order to manage sub-users on the e-way bill portal, you need to follows the steps given below:
- Log on to ewaybill.nic.in
- Enter your User Name and Password, then the Captcha Code, and then click “Login”, as shown in the picture below:
- On successful authentication of your credentials, the main menu of the e-way bill portal will open up. On the left hand side, click the option “User Management”, as shown below:
Within the “User Management” tab, multiple options pertaining to sub-users will be available. Using this tab, you will be able to tell the e-way portal the permissions you have set for each of your sub-users. You can in fact enable or disable your sub-users for the following tasks:
- E-way Bill generation
- Consolidated E-way Bill generation
- E-way Bill rejection
- Report generation
- Updating masters
How to create e-way bill sub-users
The following are the steps for e-way bill sub-user creation:
- On clicking “User Management” on the main menu, the following tabs will appear, in which you need to click on “Create Sub-User”
- On doing so, the system will ask you to enter the mobile number and validate the same via OTP. Once the correct OTP is entered, the following screen is displayed:
- In this form, you need to fill out the following fields:
- Suffix Login ID (Enter a suffix of your choice, which you want to assign for a sub-user and then click “Check” to check for the availability of that particular suffix. If available, the system will accept the same, and the Login ID of the sub-user will be generated. The ID of the sub-user will be your login ID followed by the suffix provided by you. For e.g. if your username is ABC, and you provide a suffix for a sub-user as PQR, then the generated Login ID will be ABC_PQR)
- Name of the User
- Email ID
- Enable the user to generate E-way Bill for (Select “All Offices” or “Particular Office” as applicable)
- Select Office (in case you have selected “Particular Office” in the previous field)
- Enable E-way Bill generation (Select “Yes” or “No”)
- Enable Consolidated E-way Bill generation (Select “Yes” or “No”)
- Enable E-way Bill rejection (Select “Yes” or “No”)
- Enable report generation (Select “Yes” or “No”)
- Enable updating masters (Select “Yes” or “No”)
- Click “Submit”
- If the entered fields are incorrect, the system will pop-up an error else, if all is fine, the system will create a sub-user and send an SMS with password to the sub-user.
How to update e-way bill sub-users
The steps for e-way bill sub-user updation on the portal is exactly the same as creating sub-users. This feature may be used at times, when you would want to allocate additional responsibility, or revoke existing responsibility from a sub-user, in your organisation.
- On clicking “User Management” on the main menu, the following tabs will appear, in which you need to click on “Update Sub-User”
- The screen which emerges is exactly the same as described above. You will then be able to update any number of fields for a sub-user who is already created
In our next blog, we will discuss about how to freeze sub-users, for whom you want to revoke access, and also about how to change passwords, when required.
Are you GST ready yet?
Get ready for GST with Tally.ERP 9 Release 6
60,462 total views, 107 views today
Author: Pramit Pratim GhoshPramit, who has been with Tally since May 2012, is an integral part of the digital content team. As a member of Tally’s GST centre of excellence, he has written blogs on GST law, impact and opinions - for customer, tax practitioner and student audiences, as well as on generic themes such as - automation, accounting, inventory, business efficiency - for business owners.
Pramit Pratim Ghosh
Comments are closed.
Subscribe to our newsletter
- 38th GST Council Meeting: Updates and Highlights
- How Automation of Sales and Purchase Register Has Helped Businesses
- Ratio Analysis: How it Helps Determine A Company’s Financial Health
- Stock Summary Report & its Advantages
- How Re-order Level of Stock Helps Keep Your Company’s Financial Health Stable
- For Business Owners (32)
- For Tax Practitioners (6)
- GST: All you need to know (330)
- MSME Zone (14)
- Opinions (26)
- Uncategorized (1)