DSC Registration Guide
DSC stands for Digital Signature Certificate. Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) can be used to sign documents digitally. In India, DSC are issued by authorized certifying authorities. You can obtain a DSC from one of the authorized DSC-issuing certifying authorities, post which DSC Registration needs to be done at the portal. Note that the GST portal accepts only PAN based Class II and III DSC.
DSC Registration for user authentication is mandatory for companies and Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP). All other registered persons can also use DSC to authenticate a user. Let us now understand how to register DSC in GST portal:
DSC Registration Process in GST Portal
- Login to the GST portal.
- Click on your user name on the top right section.
- Click Register/Update DSC
- Attach your DSC dongle and open emSigner utility. In case you have not downloaded the emSigner utility, click ‘Click here for instructions on installing signer utility’.
- A new page opens, from where you can download the utility, based on the Operating System you are using.
- The Register/Update DSC page will show a dropdown with the PAN of all the authorized signatories. Select your PAN from the dropdown.
- Click the checkbox to confirm that you have download and installed the emSigner utility. Click Proceed.
- Select the certificate and click the Sign
- A message ‘Your DSC has been successfully registered’ is displayed.
Are you GST ready yet?
Get ready for GST with Tally.ERP 9 Release 6
56,737 total views, 12 views today
Author: Anisha K Jose
Comments are closed.
Subscribe to our newsletter
- 38th GST Council Meeting: Updates and Highlights
- How Automation of Sales and Purchase Register Has Helped Businesses
- Ratio Analysis: How it Helps Determine A Company’s Financial Health
- Stock Summary Report & its Advantages
- How Re-order Level of Stock Helps Keep Your Company’s Financial Health Stable
- For Business Owners (32)
- For Tax Practitioners (6)
- GST: All you need to know (328)
- MSME Zone (14)
- Opinions (26)
- Uncategorized (1)