(English) How to Register for E-Way Bill for Unregistered Transporters
Sorry, this post is not available in Kannada For the sake of viewer convenience, the content is shown below in this site default language. You may click one of the links to switch the site language to another available language.
Update: At the 26th GST Council meeting, it has been decided to implement he inter-state e-way bill from 1st April, 2018. For intra-state movement, the e-way bill will be rolled out in a phased manner starting from 15th April, 2018, such that all states are covered by 1st June, 2018.
Stay prepared with Tally.ERP 9 and manage your E-way bills easily. Know More
In our last blog, we have taken you through the first step of generating e-way bills on the e-way bill portal – which is to register for e-way bill on the official website set up by the GST Council. As we discussed earlier, the process is pretty much simple and straight-forward, when it comes to the e-way bill registration for registered businesses. However, e-way bill rules have been made to help unregistered businesses, primarily the entire set of small transporters, to register for e-way bill. such transporters may not be registered under GST, but are an integral part of movement of goods across India and thus, will need to generate the e-way bill. In this blog, we will be happy to guide you with the step-by-step process on how to register for e-way bill on the portal, if you are an unregistered transporter.
How will transporters register for E-way bill
Since you are an unregistered taxpayer, you will not have a GSTIN, using which you may register for e-way bill on the portal. Thus, you will need to use the alternative method of registering, using your business details.
The steps for e-way bill registration for transporters are as follows:
- Keep your business details ready with you
- Log on to ewaybill.nic.in. The following screen will emerge:
- Click on “Enrolment for Transporters”, as shown in the picture above. On doing so, a registration form will appear, which will have some compulsory fields (marked for your reference as *) and some non-compulsory fields. The form will ask you for the following business details:
- Select you State* (Select from a drop-down menu)
- Legal Name* (Enter Name as per PAN)
- Trade Name, if any
- PAN* – After you enter your PAN No., you will need to click the “Validate” button, which will validate your details, and allow you to fill the other fields.
- Type of Enrolment* (Warehouse/Depot, Godown, Cold Storage OR Transport Services)
- Constitution of Business* (Foreign Company, Partnership, Proprietorship, Public Limited, Private Limited, Unlimited OR Others)
- Particulars of Principal Place of Business
- Building No. / Flat No.*
- Floor No.*
- Name of the Premises / Building*
- Road / Street*
- City / Town / Locality / Village*
- Taluka / Block*
- PIN Code*
- Contact Information (the email address and mobile number will be used for authentication)
- Email Address
- Telephone Number with STD
- Fax Number with STD
- Nature of Premises (Own, Leased, Rented, Consent, Shared OR Others)
- Do you have Aadhar number of Proprietor or Main person of Company / Firm (Select “Yes” OR “No”)
- If you select “Yes”, you will need to tick a box, wherein you authorise GSTN to obtain your details from UIDAI for the purpose of verification
- Aadhar No* (Prop. or Main person of Company / Firm)
- Name* (As per Aadhar)
- Mobile No* (As per Aadhar) – Once you enter your Mobile No. you need to click on the “Verify Detail & Send OTP” button, post which an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Verify OTP Received from Aadhar* – Once you enter the OTP which you have received, you need to click on the “Verify OTP” button, which will complete the Aadhar verification process
- Address Proof (Click “Choose file” to browse and then click “Upload”. There is no file format or file size specified, however you can upload either PDF or JPEG)
- ID Proof (Click “Choose file” to browse and then click “Upload”. There is no file format or file size specified, however you can upload either PDF or JPEG)
- Login Details
- User Name*
- Confirm Password*
- Verification* – Here, you will need to tick a box, confirming that all the details provided by you are correct and to the best of your knowledge
- Click “Save”
- Once you submit the form, the e-way bill portal will generate a 15 digit Transporter ID or TRANS ID, along with your user credentials. Now you can provide this 15 digit Transporter ID to your clients, so that when they include that in the e-way bill, you will be able to access the same on the e-way bill portal and enter your vehicle number, for the movement of the consignment. And this is how you will successfully register for e-way bill.
In our next blog, we will guide you on how to manage the situation, in case you forget your User ID (as a registered business) or Transporter ID (as an unregistered transporter) or your Password, and how to retrieve the same, to resume navigation on the e-way bill portal.
Are you GST ready yet?
Get ready for GST with Tally.ERP 9 Release 6
71,054 total views, 8 views today
Author: Pramit Pratim GhoshPramit, who has been with Tally since May 2012, is an integral part of the digital content team. As a member of Tally’s GST centre of excellence, he has written blogs on GST law, impact and opinions - for customer, tax practitioner and student audiences, as well as on generic themes such as - automation, accounting, inventory, business efficiency - for business owners.
Pramit Pratim Ghosh
Comments are closed.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Latest on GST
- GST Billing (12)
- GST Compliance (9)
- E-Commerce under GST (7)
- GST E-way Bill (34)
- GST Fundamentals (57)
- Input Tax Credit (16)
- GST Procedures (21)
- GST Rates (10)
- GST Registration (25)
- GST Returns (50)
- GST Sectorial Impact (15)
- GST Software Updates (26)
- GST Transition (21)
- GST Updates (30)
- Opinions (25)
- Uncategorized (1)