Step-by-Step New GST Registration Guide : Part 4
In our previous blog, we guided you through the remaining 6 pages of Part B of the New Registration form, GS REG-01. You now need to complete the verification process and submit the form. Once the form is submitted, you must keep track of your application status. If all the documents submitted by you are correct, you will successfully complete your new GST registration process and get your business registered quickly!
- Tick the check box
- Name of Authorized Signatory* (The name of Proprietor / Principal Authorized Signatory will show up in the list, select the same).
- Designation / Status* (This auto fills based on who you select in Name of Authorized Signatory).
- Date* (Auto fills as current date)
As per the notice at the bottom of the page, the Submit buttons will get activated only when all mandatory fields have been filled. You can submit the verification, either by any of the following 3 options:
- Digital Signature Certificate / DSC (Compulsory for Companies & LLP; A link has been provided in case you are facing any problem using DSC).
- Electronic Verification / EVC (OTP will be sent to your registered Email ID and registered Mobile Number. The OTP will be valid for 10 minutes within which you should complete the submission).
Once you have submitted your GST REG-01 form, you will receive an E-mail and SMS, notifying you that your new registration application has been submitted. This notification will contain the 15 digit Application Reference Number (ARN).
You can use the ARN to track your application status, and keep a tab of your new GST registration procedure on the GST portal.
- Log in to www.gst.gov.in
- Go to the Services tab and take your cursor to Registration. Once you do that, 2 tabs will become visible New Registration and Track Application Status. Click on Track Application Status.
- Captcha Code* (Type as provided)
Based on the ARN entered your application status will show up as Form GST REG-04, as shown below:
To get more understanding on what the Status means, click on the ’i’ symbol inside the small blue circle which appears in the Status field.
Application form status
Once the Application Form is submitted, it is subject to mandatory verification in the GST portal, based on which it could get approved or rejected. Also, in certain cases, there might be certain fields for which some more explanation or further documents might be additionally required from your side.
In case, some more clarification is required from you, a Show Cause Notice (SCN) Reference No. will be provided using which you need to log into the portal, navigate to the exact page and field where the clarification is needed, and use the same to upload the relevant documents.
Following are the possible Status situations that your form might be in at any point:
For your understanding, we have provided a flow chart below to illustrate the various stages of Status that the application form goes through in the GST portal.
Note: All mandatory fields have been marked with an asterisk (*).
Once your New Registration Application has been verified and approved in the GST portal, you will receive a 15 digit GSTIN (Goods and Services Tax Identification Number) along with a temporary password. You can start logging in by using the GSTIN number as the User ID and the temporary password which you can reset.
Here’s hoping that you conclude your new registration in GST without hassle, and enjoy your seamless GST compliance experience!
Are you GST ready yet?
Get ready for GST with Tally.ERP 9 Release 6
23,534 total views, 40 views today
Subscribe to our newsletter
Latest on GST
- For Business Owners (14)
- For Tax Practitioners (6)
- GST: All you need to know (321)
- MSME Zone (7)
- Opinions (15)