(English) Common Enrolment Number for Registered Transporters
Sorry, this post is not available in Tamil For the sake of viewer convenience, the content is shown below in this site default language. You may click one of the links to switch the site language to another available language.
Ever since the GST e-way bill system came into existence, one of the common requests from all registered transporters has been, that they need to be allowed to use one registration number for updating e-way bills throughout the country. In other words, once the e-way bill is generated with one GSTIN belonging to the company, the system should allow them to update Part B, using any of their GSTINs, without again updating the transporter number. To solve this problem, the GST Council brought in the necessary amendments. As per the latest changes, the transporter who is GST registered in more than one State or Union Territory with the same Permanent Account Number, may apply for a unique common enrolment number in the e-way bill system.
How to generate the common enrolment number?
Upon validation of the details furnished in Form GST ENR02, the system will generate a unique common enrolment number and will display the same to the transporter. The common enrolment number, which will be valid throughout the country, is a 15-digit number beginning with 88 followed by the Permanent Account Number, while the last three digits are system generated.
How will this common enrolment number be used?
This common enrolment number will be used as a transporter number in the e-waybill system. Once the transporter has obtained a unique common enrolment number, he cannot use any of his GSTINs for the purposes of e-way bill generation or updation of transporter number in the e-way bills.
Also, the transporter needs to communicate this number to his clients for updating as transporter number while generating e-way bills. The e-way bill system will allow for 10 days for accepting the old GSTINs and subsequently these GSTINs will be blocked for the transporter number updation.
Common Enrolment Number – Things to Remember
The following things need to be kept in mind with regards to the common enrolment number –
- All registered transporters, who have GSTINs in multiple states with the same PAN, can use the common enrolment process available at the e-way bill portal
- Once submission of request with all GSTINs of the registered transporter is done, the system will generate the common enrolment number, starting with 88 for this purpose
- This common enrolment number can be used by the transporter for updating Part B from any of his branches throughout the country, without further changing the transporter number
- For the common enrolment number, the transporter can create multiple login accounts and share the same to his branches throughout the country for easy updation of Part B in the e-way bills
- This enrolment number must be used to generate the e-way bills and updating of the Part-B and the registered transporter numbers, which are GSTINs, will not be allowed for generation of e-way bills
- This enrolment number must be communicated by the transporter to his clients to update this number as transporter number while generating e-way bills
Are you GST ready yet?
Get ready for GST with Tally.ERP 9 Release 6
68,378 total views, 20 views today
Author: Pramit Pratim GhoshPramit, who has been with Tally since May 2012, is an integral part of the digital content team. As a member of Tally’s GST centre of excellence, he has written blogs on GST law, impact and opinions - for customer, tax practitioner and student audiences, as well as on generic themes such as - automation, accounting, inventory, business efficiency - for business owners.
Pramit Pratim Ghosh
Subscribe to our newsletter
Latest on GST
- தங்கள் ஆண்டு வருவாயை கணக்கில் கொள்ளாமல் ஜிஎஸ்டியின் கீழ் பதிவு செய்ய வேண்டிய நபர்கள்
- ஜிஎஸ்டிஆர்-3B தவணை தேதி – ஆகஸ்ட் 25 அல்லது 28?
- ஜிஎஸ்டிஆர்-3பி-ல் மாறும் ஐடீசியை கோருவது எப்படி
- வரி ஆலோசகர்களுக்கான ஜிஎஸ்டி வருமான விவரங்களை சமர்ப்பிக்கும் வழிகாட்டி
- டேலி.ஈஆர்பீ 9 வெளியீடு 6-ஐ பயன்படுத்தி ஜிஎஸ்டி வருமான விவரங்களை (படிவம் ஜிஎஸ்டிஆர்-1) தாக்கல் செய்வது எப்படி
- GST Billing (12)
- GST Compliance (9)
- E-Commerce under GST (7)
- GST E-way Bill (34)
- GST Fundamentals (57)
- Input Tax Credit (16)
- GST Procedures (21)
- GST Rates (10)
- GST Registration (25)
- GST Returns (50)
- GST Sectorial Impact (15)
- GST Software Updates (26)
- GST Transition (21)
- GST Updates (30)
- Opinions (22)