(English) E-way Bill Sub-Users : How to Create and Update
Sorry, this post is not available in Telugu For the sake of viewer convenience, the content is shown below in this site default language. You may click one of the links to switch the site language to another available language.
In any business, there are multiple stakeholders who manage the day-to-day activities, pertaining to sales, purchases, operations etc. E-way bill is no exception. In certain cases, tax payers may need to generate the e-way bill from multiple places of businesses, or they may need to generate a huge number of e-way bills in different time shifts, or they may even need to generate a huge number of e-way bills at the same time – all of which will need extra resources to execute. Also, the question of data security and privacy is always a top concern for any business organisation, and it may be a natural ask to have some system to manage the various users who have access to the business system. This is why, the e-way bill portal has given the provision to businesses, under which they can create multiple e-way bill sub-users, assign them different roles and manage all sub-users who have access to the portal with ease. In this blog, we will explore how to create sub-users on the e-way bill portal.
How to manage e-way bill sub-users
In order to manage sub-users on the e-way bill portal, you need to follows the steps given below:
- Log on to ewaybill.nic.in
- Enter your User Name and Password, then the Captcha Code, and then click “Login”, as shown in the picture below:
- On successful authentication of your credentials, the main menu of the e-way bill portal will open up. On the left hand side, click the option “User Management”, as shown below:
Within the “User Management” tab, multiple options pertaining to sub-users will be available. Using this tab, you will be able to tell the e-way portal the permissions you have set for each of your sub-users. You can in fact enable or disable your sub-users for the following tasks:
- E-way Bill generation
- Consolidated E-way Bill generation
- E-way Bill rejection
- Report generation
- Updating masters
How to create e-way bill sub-users
The following are the steps for e-way bill sub-user creation:
- On clicking “User Management” on the main menu, the following tabs will appear, in which you need to click on “Create Sub-User”
- On doing so, the system will ask you to enter the mobile number and validate the same via OTP. Once the correct OTP is entered, the following screen is displayed:
- In this form, you need to fill out the following fields:
- Suffix Login ID (Enter a suffix of your choice, which you want to assign for a sub-user and then click “Check” to check for the availability of that particular suffix. If available, the system will accept the same, and the Login ID of the sub-user will be generated. The ID of the sub-user will be your login ID followed by the suffix provided by you. For e.g. if your username is ABC, and you provide a suffix for a sub-user as PQR, then the generated Login ID will be ABC_PQR)
- Name of the User
- Email ID
- Enable the user to generate E-way Bill for (Select “All Offices” or “Particular Office” as applicable)
- Select Office (in case you have selected “Particular Office” in the previous field)
- Enable E-way Bill generation (Select “Yes” or “No”)
- Enable Consolidated E-way Bill generation (Select “Yes” or “No”)
- Enable E-way Bill rejection (Select “Yes” or “No”)
- Enable report generation (Select “Yes” or “No”)
- Enable updating masters (Select “Yes” or “No”)
- Click “Submit”
- If the entered fields are incorrect, the system will pop-up an error else, if all is fine, the system will create a sub-user and send an SMS with password to the sub-user.
How to update e-way bill sub-users
The steps for e-way bill sub-user updation on the portal is exactly the same as creating sub-users. This feature may be used at times, when you would want to allocate additional responsibility, or revoke existing responsibility from a sub-user, in your organisation.
- On clicking “User Management” on the main menu, the following tabs will appear, in which you need to click on “Update Sub-User”
- The screen which emerges is exactly the same as described above. You will then be able to update any number of fields for a sub-user who is already created
In our next blog, we will discuss about how to freeze sub-users, for whom you want to revoke access, and also about how to change passwords, when required.
Are you GST ready yet?
Get ready for GST with Tally.ERP 9 Release 6
67,881 total views, 1 views today
Author: Pramit Pratim GhoshPramit, who has been with Tally since May 2012, is an integral part of the digital content team. As a member of Tally’s GST centre of excellence, he has written blogs on GST law, impact and opinions - for customer, tax practitioner and student audiences, as well as on generic themes such as - automation, accounting, inventory, business efficiency - for business owners.
Pramit Pratim Ghosh
Comments are closed.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Latest on GST
- GST Billing (12)
- GST Compliance (9)
- E-Commerce under GST (7)
- GST E-way Bill (34)
- GST Fundamentals (57)
- Input Tax Credit (16)
- GST Procedures (21)
- GST Rates (10)
- GST Registration (25)
- GST Returns (48)
- GST Sectorial Impact (15)
- GST Software Updates (26)
- GST Transition (21)
- GST Updates (31)
- Opinions (26)
- Uncategorized (1)