Updating User Password & Freezing Sub-users in E-way Bill Portal
In our previous blog, we learnt about why it is important for businesses to assign sub-users to manage various activities pertaining to the e-way bill. We also went through the step-by-step process to create sub-users on the portal and also to update the details and rights of sub-users. In this blog, we will study the remaining two functionalities provided, namely, updating password for sub-users and freezing sub-users in e-way bill portal.
In order to gain access to both these options, you need to follows the steps given below:
- Log on to ewaybill.nic.in
- Enter your User Name and Password, then the Captcha Code, and then click “Login”, as shown in the picture below:
- On successful authentication of your credentials, the main menu of the e-way bill portal will open up. On the left hand side, click the option “User Management”, as shown below:
Within the “User Management” tab, multiple options pertaining to sub-users will show up, and you can select the appropriate option to proceed.
How to freeze sub-users in E-way Bill Portal
There are certain situations, in which you may want to revoke access from the sub-users which you have created, in other words you may want to freeze e-way bill sub-users. This could be because of data security concerns, or because of resources having left your organisation.
- On clicking “User Management” on the main menu, the following tabs will appear, in which you need to click on “Freeze Sub-User”
- On doing so, the system will ask you to enter the mobile number and validate the same via OTP. Once the correct OTP is entered, the following screen is displayed:
- On the screen, you need to select the Login ID, for the particular sub-user which you want to freeze. Based on your selection, the particular sub-user details will be displayed, for your review
- Once your review of the details are done, you can then select the “Freeze” button at the bottom of the screen
- Click “Exit”
These steps will allow you to freeze sub-users in e-way bill portal. Once a sub-user is frozen, he / she will not be able to log in to the e-way bill portal, with the credentials that were earlier assigned to him / her.
How to update passwords in the E-way Bill Portal for sub-users
In order to change password in e-way bill portal, follow the steps given below:
- On clicking “User Management” on the main menu, the following tabs will appear, in which you need to click on “Change Password”
- On doing so, the system will ask you to enter the mobile number and validate the same via OTP. Once the correct OTP is entered, the following screen is displayed, wherein you will need to feed in certain details:
- User Name
- Enter Existing Password (this is the password which would have been sent via SMS to your authorized sub-user, when you had created his / her credentials on the e-way bill portal)
- Enter New Password (this is the new password you want to use)
- Re-Enter New Password (repeat the same as above)
- Click “Submit”
- Click “Exit”
On following the steps given above, the system will update password in the e-way bill portal for the sub-user, with the new password, which is entered.
The e-way bill portal does not specify anything particular regarding how to form a password – in terms of whether it should be alphabetical or numeric or alpha-numeric, or whether special characters are required or compulsory. However, it is advised that you pick a strong password with varying characters, for greater security. Also, you should take care not to share your password with anyone, and to regularly change your password from time to time. Following these instructions will help you to manage your sub-users in e-way bill portal.
Are you GST ready yet?
Get ready for GST with Tally.ERP 9 Release 6
65,822 total views, 15 views today
Author: Pramit Pratim GhoshPramit, who has been with Tally since May 2012, is an integral part of the digital content team. As a member of Tally’s GST centre of excellence, he has written blogs on GST law, impact and opinions - for customer, tax practitioner and student audiences, as well as on generic themes such as - automation, accounting, inventory, business efficiency - for business owners.
No related posts.
Pramit Pratim Ghosh
Comments are closed.
Subscribe to our newsletter
- 38th GST Council Meeting: Updates and Highlights
- How Automation of Sales and Purchase Register Has Helped Businesses
- Ratio Analysis: How it Helps Determine A Company’s Financial Health
- Stock Summary Report & its Advantages
- How Re-order Level of Stock Helps Keep Your Company’s Financial Health Stable
- For Business Owners (32)
- For Tax Practitioners (6)
- GST: All you need to know (328)
- MSME Zone (14)
- Opinions (26)
- Uncategorized (1)